Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Moment after Moment

It is amazing to have all this time just for me, myself and I. I start my practice about 5.45, then I will go swimming (8 steps from my hut to the sea), take a shower (warm enough water) and have a breakfast (porridge, muesli, yoghurt, pineapple, papaya, water melon, jasmin tea) then I will have an oil massage (with Mr Joy, yes that is really his name) or read a book, relax, chill out, have ice cream... then it's already a lunch time, more chilling out, swimming, snacks, Pranayama (breathing exercise), discussions, dinner (plenty of choices, all pure vegetarian), meditation and getting to sleep between 9 and 11.

And I don't feel guilty about all that, not at all. Well, somebody might say that it is selfish to spend your time like this. But I hope to be at least a little better person to myself and to the others when I have got more understanding about myself, my body and mind. Yoga is about serving the others, giving  others and wishing all beings to be happy and in peace. And now somebody could say that it is easy to think that way when you are in a surrounding like this. Yes, it is, but I hope to have that mindset with me where ever I go, remember the calm moments when everything is just right, even then when I am back to my routines at home and work. But still no, I won't be the Miss Positive smiling all the time, I will still be me...

Now when I am not in a hurry anywhere, it is easier to observe the thoughts and emotions, how they come and go. When Nina left last Saturday I felt sad, both of us cried, it is always difficult to part, leave, stay. Then already on Sunday I felt happy again to be on my own.

Earlier this week I was frustrated with my practice. I am having back pain and I need to do "therapy yoga" as how Petri calls it. Everything seemed to be so complicated and too difficult, I felt almost like giving up. And the rest of the day I was restless. But already the next morning I felt happy, with exactly the same practice. I had somehow accepted how the things are and was happy with that. And I was cheerful also the rest of the day. So you see, nothing is permanent, thoughts and emotions come and go. Just let them go.

This moment was captured by an American Art Photographer Jett Ulaner Sarachek

No comments: