Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Everything Changes

"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you'll get", said Forrest Gump. During the last two weeks I have found out that really, really you never know what comes up next. I certainly believe that you can influence happenings and can master your own destiny to a certain point. Your mind is a powerful tool to make things happen. But - unexpected things can happen. In good and bad.

Everything happens for a reason? It can be difficult to find a reason why a husband of somebody at my age and a father of young children has to die suddenly. Or why somebody who has worked hard so many years looses her job. And why somebody so beautiful, talented and a great personality is diagnosed with serious, incurable disease. I can't help thinking that it could me me. But I most probably couldn't be as brave as she is. She is a real hero, calm and quiet inside of her, power words tattooed in her arm.

As the good unexpected news, I received a SMS yesterday about a newborn baby. And I were lucky to meet one cute healthy baby boy last week. Another friend is happily expecting a baby after years of waiting. Somebody got a job of his dreams. And one lucky person finally met the Mr. Right One.

Nothing is permanent. Either the suffering or the joy. Everything changes. Can you think something that doesn't change? But still, how hard it is not to get attached to material like a beautiful house, or people you love, your body, the world, especially when that time comes that you need to give up and let go. It is hard for me I can tell you.

I am sending warm thoughts to all those who are right now saying goodbyes to something or someone they love. May the power be with you.

“The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough", Rabindranath Tagore.


1 comment:

Imppu said...

Olipa kaunis kirjoitus, Seija :)