Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Good Morning With A Live Porridge

I have started to make some live, raw food again. The previous time was 15 years ago. Raw porridge is easy to make, tastes good and is extremely healthy. Last night I rinsed the grains, buckwheat and millet and let them soak over night. I put some figs, chia seeds and sunflower seeds to soak as well. This morning I rinsed the grains, added one banana, blueberry powder and some honey, then ground everything together in a blender. And I ate the porridge with black currants, hand picked last summer. Yummy!

Years ago when I was more into raw food, I even sprouted the grains before grounding them. That would make your porridge even more living. The idea of raw, live food is that it is uncooked and unprocessed. But don't take it too seriously. Warm oat meal tastes and feels good, too.


No comments: