Tuesday, May 14, 2013

In Search of Timeless Time

Do you remember the story of the Indian Chief who sat legs crossed at the end of the stairs in the airport? When the bypassers wondered what is he doing, he explained that his body has traveled so many miles so fast, that he has to wait his soul to come along. Right now, I feel kind the same.

When I came back home after my 6 months journey, people complained how fast time had flied. But for me, I felt like I had been away at least a year. My time did not fly fast, it went slowly instead, in a positive way. My time had been full. But - right when I returned back home here in Finland, I felt the hurry. And my time is flying. Fast.

The concept of time is interesting. I have tried to solve the mystery of that slowly and fully moving time when I was traveling in Asia. And why I feel now that time is flying fast. How have I ever had time to go to work?

One solution can be that when I traveled, I never really knew what I will be doing and experiencing the next day. I didn't do much planning before hand or worry about what might come up. I was very often doing, seeing, hearing and experiencing things for the first time. I was curious and had all my instincts open.

Now when I am back home again, things are familiar and I have expectations how to react and what to think about them. I can easily plan, speculate or worry. How easy it is to say, but so difficult in practise to just live in this moment, not yesterday or tomorrow. To be curious and experience things as for the first time. Any suggestions how to be able to do it...?



No comments: