Thursday, May 23, 2013

Precious Minutes

I can warmly recommend sabbatical for everyone. It is a great opportunity to do things you always wanted to do but you never seemed to have time for. Or just do nothing, depending on what you need. You can find new interests or even new talents you didn't know you have. You can find yourself.

When I came back home from my travels, I thought first not to bother unpacking my backpack, because I would do another trip anytime soon. But for my own surprise I don't feel like traveling anywhere right now. I am enjoying my time more than ever. Just here, right now*). And I am happier than ever. I wasn't unhappy before, but I just didn't see things around me and in me as clear as now. I needed this break to stop, breathe, look around and inside.

*) this blooming Summer may help in this... Would I have different tone of voice if it was cold and dark winter...? ;-)

When you feel it is too busy at work or at home and you don't have time for anything - take a break. Sit still just five minutes, eyes closed. Observe your breathing but don't try to change anything. What happened? Remember that those five minutes were precious, since you will never get them back.


No comments: