Saturday, November 10, 2012

Cycling and Chanting

I haven't felt well yesterday and today. I feel weak and dizzy, don' feel like eating and my body is sore and tensed. Is it because I have not used a mobile phone for already a week now (I almost can feel the cold sweat and hands shaking...). Or was that 10 000 kip (1 €) dinner buffet at a food market not a good idea after all. Or is it just all this change, heat, new people, mixing languages (speaking English and reading Finnish books); my mind feels overloaded.

But a double chocolate brownie at Debra's together with a lemongrass tea made me feel a bit better.

This afternoon I was sitting at a Wat's garden watching the the monks passing by, some of them said "Sabaidee" and continued for their chores as gardening work, studying or cleaning work. One of them took this picture of me (I am not sure if he was allowed to). This bicycle I rented looks like a children's bike because it is made for the small Lao people, not for the giant Europeans, so I am cycling my knees almost touching my mouth; very funny.

I just arrived from the chanting and meditation at the Wat, it helped my mind to settle down at least a little. Those of you who don't know this hippie side of me, I want to ensure you that I won't come home as a Buddhist nun or something like that. For me Buddhism is more like an universal attitude or a philosophy than a religion.

Now I will get ready for tomorrow's flight to Vientiane, the capital of Laos. Goodbye Luang Prabang!

Me and my bike
Chanting and meditation
Thousands of Buddha statues in a cave

3 comments:

leena said...

Your best boyfriend went Ulvila today. Asko and Timo visited the graves of his parents. I made a mushroom pizza and salad. I also made a blueberry pie and coffee. There's been raining all day and it is very cold. Greetings and good health. Leena, Timo and Vili.

annamari said...

Hope you feel better soon. It is quite a change to let go of this western life and just enjoy!

Imppu said...

I send to you good vibrations and hope you feel much better tomorrow. Fortunately you are even free to be sick a few moments, just in different circumstances :) Greetings from sunny Turku, almosta plus 10 degrees!