Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Home Is Where The Way Is

This blog has got over thousand page views already (my own ones are excluded)! So where are the sponsors? And a movie contract? It is a great feeling to know that so many are following what I am writing. Now I just have to write something interesting? I am also thankful for all messages I have received on my Blog, Gmail and LinkedIn mail, it is so good to hear from you all!

Somebody said I should become a female Folke West (he is a Finnish tour leader who speaks in a funny way :-)!That could be fun, travel around the world and get paid for it? Or how about Madventures for the Middle Ages?

I have also been identified as the Snufkin (Nuuskamuikkunen), the one of the Moomin characters who always wants to go and wander from time to time. I am honoured. I want to share this video with you. I hope you will enjoy it as much as I do. It has it all. Home is where the way is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vtWnWDJzO4&sns=em

I have been in Vientiane for three days and have done just ordinary things. I have had my laundry done, and that is by the way 1 euro per kg, comes ironed and smells like home. It is not always like this, especially when travelling in rural areas where washing machines are not used, your laundry is often stained with other colours, some items missing and holes are common because the laundry is done by smashing against stones and the clothes are hanging in trees and bushes to get dry. But that is part of traveling, too. Now I enjoy all these comforts Vientiane offers me. I also got my Thai visa and that took me two mornings. I haven't have the interest to visit any museums or sights, I still have felt a bit weak. I guess the jet lag hit me later and stronger than usual.

Last night I realized that I have only 15 000 kip left in my purse, which is still a pile of notes, but it only means 1,5 euros. It was late and the money changers were already closed for the day. I was hungry and was looking for a cheap place to eat. My walking was not so steady as I felt tired, so no wonder people came to ask what kind of drugs I might be looking for (with a list of all you can imagine). Thanks for the consideration, but I just want to have a cheap noodle soup! Finally I got a big bowl of noodles, vegetables and tofu for 15 000. It was good, nutritious and served with a smile.


There's real cyclists in Vientiane!

No comments: