Monday, November 5, 2012

Ginger and Beancurd Tea

I had a day in Bangkok today. I chose a small family hotel in a Thai neighborhood, near a lake and a park, not in a tourist district. I can't imagine any friendlier people than in this place. After I had a beautiful massage, I had tea. But what kind of tea! It is made of ginger, brown sugar and bean curd (tofu). They said that the older Thai ladies drink it every night to get strength. So I just wonder why they offered that to me...?

This is not a Fear Factor food item, but it is traditional Thai tea, served with deep fried wheat dough. It was quite interesting but I still prefer Long Yin green tea.





3 comments:

annamari said...

not envious of the tea, but your whereabouts.. I miss sun! Have a nice start of your trip!

Unknown said...

Hi Seikku :)!

Tell them that tomorrow you need a cup of tea that is for young and wild :) You can show them few of your moves :) Ask them if they have some miracle tratment for flu and send it to me because this flu is not willing to leave me. Hugs, Pia

Sandhya Reddy said...

Seija,
i could see your blog today.
Good to know you are travelling again. Are you coming to India?
If you are, then let me know. I can join for for a couple of days whereever you are.
If you are in Bangalore, drop by at my home. You can stay with me.
Enjoy your sabbatical and your travel.
As someone said - there are always miles to go.