Friday, December 7, 2012

Island hopping

This is my "Eat, Pray, Love" journeys part "Love". You all have read the book or seen the movie, right? It is the one, where Julia Roberts travels in Italy, India and Bali - her skin is never sweaty and shiny, her dress is never wrinkled, she is never weary and tired of traveling. So is Julia Roberts Swedish? Because all Swedish people I have met somewhere here are exactly like from Miika Nousiainen's book "Vadelmavenepakolainen": flawless tan, glossy hair, always happy... Not fair! :-)

Anyways: now it is time for Love. Unconditioned love. I have needed this to time travel alone but it is always fun to travel with someone you know and trust. My husband will travel with me one month.

I welcomed my husband to Bangkok and now we are already in Koh Tao, a small island with a beautiful sunset. I had already spent a week in Bangkok and felt very happy to leave someplace less crowded and polluted. Koh Tao is nothing like an authentic or untouched paradise island, it seems that the restaurant workers are from Myanmar and the island is packed with diving schools. But it is a relaxed, sunny and friendly place. Good for us right now. Tomorrow we will take a boat to the island of Koh Phangan and from there to Koh Samui.

Due to the weak Internet connections I haven't been able to post new messages or attach pictures for some time, but here are some pictures of the recent moments.



4 comments:

annamari said...

Really nice photos!! Enjoy!!

Anonymous said...

Hei :)
Näyttää kyllä tosi kurjalta. Täällä sitä saa sentään kaivaa autoa lumesta ja muuta mukavaa. Yrittäkää nyt kestää siellä kuumassa. Mukavaa yhteistä reissukuukautta teille ! - Pia-

Unknown said...

Give Asko a big hug for me!!

Tytti said...

Eat, pray, love is so good!! And it's really true what you said about Swedish people - they look so good with their perfect tan and all :)