Wednesday, December 12, 2012

A Night Out

My husband brought me down to earth from all that spirituality. Or what do you think of Mojitos, Thai Boxing and late night dancing in the bars of Chaweng Beach? We started our night out in small street bars, which means a small stall or a pick up car, big loud speakers and local guys juggling and shaking the bottles (including God only knows what). After the Thai boxing we rode with motor bike taxis around the beach to find the best music to dance. We had so much fun!

We have settled in Koh Samui for a week. We have a lovely top end hotel and we are doing all the typical tourist things, driving a scooter around the island, walking on the beach, enjoying the pool etc., we even had pizzas today instead of noodles or rice. But, I have experienced that the service in small midrange and budget hotels or guesthouses is often more genuine and the food is better in street kitchens, compared to the more expensive tourist choices. I have a simple taste.

And I have to admit that I am getting a bit anxious for adventures, oddities and strangeness I usually meet when I travel, very often in India. But we enjoy this easy and relaxing living now. That is what I wanted, after rather overdoing things back home, I just wanted to rest and have it smooth. It doesn't always need to be rough, does it?

We are treating ourselves with staying at this resort


I am getting a nice pink colour

Levitating on the water

3 comments:

annamari said...

what a coincidence, have just been writing stuff about Samui and checking the hotels etc. :)
Sounds fun!

Anonymous said...

Hyvää nimipäivää! Nauttikaa ja rentoutukaa!!! -A-

Imppu said...

Yes, perfect, go Asko! I like a lot dancing, mojitos etc. :)