Friday, February 1, 2013

Up Side Down

Have those trees always been so green? And how good is that lemongrass water! How amazing world looks when you are upside down, doing a headstand on the beach! I don't know what has happened, but everything seems to be clear and beautiful. Is it my new roommate, Pia, who brought plenty of energy and joy to our little hut, and lots of laughter. Or is it that little dog who has been hanging around us the last couple of days. Or maybe I have been able to breathe more consciously when practicing. My back has opened up a little from that iron bar state and doesn't cause me pain anymore. I feel free and happy!

I think it has to be right what Sri K Pattabhi Jois has said. "Do your practice and all is coming".

A small exercise to everyone: when laying on your bed (or sofa) move on so that your head and upper back is hanging down from the end of the bed. This practice will open your chest and upper back. Energies will flow and shake, and you will get a new perspective of things around you when you are up side down. Enjoy!





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

sound really good!!! and I will do as you recommend!
terkut
Annamari

Seikku said...

Hi Ann, thank you for actively commenting the blog! It is so nice to receive messages.

The blogger statistics shows quite a traffic on the blog, so it would be nice to know who are all the readers - please send a note to the blog (you can be anonymous or use a nickname) or to my private email (firstname.lastname@gmail.com) to get some feedback...

You can comment the old posts as well, I will get all comments to my email.

With warm regards, Seija

Imppu said...

Upside down on the beach, nice! Looks so easy :)

Seikku said...

Kit IS actually easy. Focus and breathe. Try not to have too much weight on your head. You can first try it against the wall. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Awwww:) Ikävä mun huippu kämppistä!
Ensimmäistä päivää töissä ja oisin kyllä mielelläni siellä rannalla seisomassa päälläni:) Seurailen sun blogia ja odotan innolla sitä blogikirjoitusta/kirjaa "100 tapaa istua" :)
/ Pia

Anonymous said...

Familiar views on the background :) I am deep-frozen again, so that's maybe why I'm a bit slow to comment...but I've done my first (appalling) attempts to get to headstand in a advanced training course last weekend here in Kokkola. Tästä on hyvä jatkaa ja toi Bali...I envy you ;) -ari-