Tuesday, March 19, 2013

LankanStyle

I loved Sri Lanka right from that first moment I arrived Colombo airport. Somebody said Sri Lanka is like India, without the annoyances of India, only the best parts... I had already started to miss India, so this is what I needed now.

The last leg of my journey (before the next one...) has started. Sri Lankan people are super friendly, the landscape is spectacular and the culture is rich and diverse. Food is great and traveling on this small tear shaped island seems to be relatively easy. What else do you need?

Sri Lanka (former Ceylon) is a land of elephants. You can see them wild in the islands many national parks but sometimes they also walk on the roads. I visited an Elephant orphanage, nursery and captive breeding ground for wild elephants. They seemed to be well looked after.

Sri Lanka is also a land of tea. It is one of the leading tea producers of the world. It is sold under the Ceylon tea brand. Sri Lankan people normally like their black tea strong, with milk and sugar. I like the black tea here when it is not too strong, without milk or sugar. But I still prefer light and sweetish green or silver tea, sometimes fine oolong tea. Or sometimes fuller, malty gunpowder green tea. And absolutely no fruits or flavours added. Yes, I am a tea freak.









1 comment:

Imppu said...

Elephants are so cute!!! Oh, you must be excited in the middle of all tea :)