Saturday, March 23, 2013

The Tea Hills

I met some great people again. I hung around with John, Maxim, Stephanie, Matt... all born that year I first started traveling, late 80's... Those guys were all so cool, and I didn't feel myself old with them at all - traveling makes you feel young! And who says I'm old anyways! :-)

I had some nice walks in the tea hills, interesting tea factory visits, scenery train trips and crazy bus rides. I stayed in family houses and ate some delicious home made Sri Lankan dishes, as curd and honey, rice hoppers, samosas and kotthu roti. Nice change from that rice and noodles diet I had had for some time already.

I could have easily spent more time in the mountains, where the air is fresh, nights cool and life relaxed, but I wanted to move on to the south coast, to see the sea and sun.







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

On ollut ihana lukea näitä kokemuksia ja eläytyä paikkoihin. Kuvat on jäätävän hienoja myös! Kaikkea hyvää sun elämysmatkan loppuun! Onneksi et ole enää Myanmarissa, niin ei tarvitse jännittää...

Kevätaurinkoisin ja pääsiäisterkuin,
Heidi L

Seikku said...

Kiitos terveisistä, ihana kuulla että olet seurannut matkaa. Kaikkea hyvää myös omalle kokemusmatkallesi työelämässä... Kuullaan!