Sunday, April 28, 2013

Be The Change

I participated an interesting workshop arranged by SEFE (the Finnish Association of Business School graduates) and inspiring coaches of Humap Oy. The workshop was about the changes involved today's work life and how they influence us, how we can lead others and ourselves when our work place is in turbulence.

We talked about the atmosphere at each others work place. Do you recognize the conflicts in your group? Or is your team always in harmony, agreeing with each others? Or are you acting to agree, and then disagree in small groups afterwards? Or do you have the trust to disagree, keep the issues dynamic and alive? What kind of climate would you like to have at your work place and what can you do to make the change?

If your team already has a dynamic atmosphere, you can congratulate yourself and your team members. If you feel that you have tried and tried, but the culture in your company, department or team seems impossible to change, then, IMHO, just move on and leave. Seek a company of those people who inspire you, respect you and you can trust.

The main insight for me was to realize that I am on the right path what comes to work life. I know now what is important for me and what are the right things to do.

I want to keep this backpacking ideology with me, even when I am not traveling. That means to be open minded, flexible, fearless and unconventional. I want to find new ways to be versatile and creative, experience instead of performing. Any suggestions how to do it? Please, remind me of these ideas if I ever get back to the same old beaten path and rat race again... :-)!

be-the-change-you-want-to-see-in-the-world-mahatma-gandhi


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy May Day! tv. Ulvilasta