Thursday, April 25, 2013

Home Sweet Home

When I arrived home, my husband put me into Sauna and all my clothes and bags into laundry. He made me a big fresh Greek salad with dark rye bread and Swiss cheese. As much as I loved traveling I love my home. A lot. I love my firm bed and the white, soft bed linen. I love my clean and spacious bathroom. With hot water. And no cockroaches. I love to wake up when it is still quiet, not necessarily 4.45 am for the prayer call and when the monkeys are jumping on the roof.

I loved meeting my husband again (oops - did I mention him after the bathroom?). I look forward to the adventures we will have together in the near future. It was great to meet all my family members as well. My parents are still going strong in their 80's.

I was able to squeeze my toes into socks and shoes but I struggled more with my jeans. They seem to have shrank one size!? Pirkka did a good job cutting and coloring my hair and Katja with the facial. So now I look like a normal human being again (?).

During this time off all my phone numbers have disappeared mysteriously. All of them. So please, call me, email me (firstname.lastname at gmail.com) and blog me! Let's have lunch or a cup of tea together.

People have been asking what I will be doing now when I still have time off from work. It seems to be important to have some kind of a goal or to achieve something, not to waste time and do nothing. Or is it me, the old me, who thinks so?

Anyways, I got an alibi. I started to study French. That really makes me feel humble. It is so difficult. I feel that I can't, I am too slow... but I am actually learning something, at least a little bit... It is fun to observe these mixed feelings.


My very own dear bathroom :-)
This is my alibi  

No comments: